Inspiring you to do…The Impossible! But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26, NKJV
WHAT WE BELIEVE
OUR DECLARATION OF FAITH
- We believe in one God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- God is the Creator of the world we live in. He controls what happens with His creation. He is eternal, meaning that He has always existed and always will.
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified and died, was buried and resurrected, ascended into heaven, is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, and is both true God and true man.
- The Holy Spirit is the Person and presence of God here and today, as described in chapter 2 of the New Testament book of Acts. Becoming a more mature Christian involves personal sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit. It is a never-ending life long process as we grow and mature in our walk with the Lord.
- The Bible in its entirety is the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- Salvation is the condition of being forgiven of one’s sins through the shed blood of Jesus Christ
- Baptism is a ritual, or sacrament, practiced in Christian churches to demonstrate that an individual life has been transformed by salvation through Jesus Christ. It is not a substitute for salvation, but a public recognition that salvation has transformed an individual life. We call it believer’s baptism or water baptism (because it involves immersion in a body of water).
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit, or “Holy Spirit” baptism, is a noticeable indication of the Holy Spirit in the believer’s life, which happened in the second chapter of the book of Acts. It can show in many ways. We believe in speaking in tongues, a means of communication with God that doesn’t use any humanly recognizable language. That is just one of many manifestations of Holy Spirit baptism. Speaking in tongues catapults those who practice it into a deeper dimension to their relationship with God they didn’t have before.
- Marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman in a single, exclusive union, as described in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only within the confines of marriage. Because marriage is a covenant between one man, one woman, and God, the church has the responsibility, in its sole discretion, to evaluate the readiness of those seeking to enter into the marriage covenant. The church may decline to perform or host a marriage ceremony that is contrary to the church’s Statement of Faith or the Bible.
- Biblical Sexuality is expressly defined by God. Before birth, God creates each person as male or female through genetic encoding and physiological manifestation. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- The Family is God’s foundational institution for human society.
- We Believe in the Sanctity of Human Life. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, born-alive babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are, therefore, called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
- We Believe in Divine Healing through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and we believe that healing is included through Redemption.
- Communion is a sacrament practiced within the Church to remember the sacrificial death and promised return of Jesus Christ. There are many different ways to observe communion using bread or crackers and juice. We believe it can and should be celebrated individually and among families – any time Christians choose to remember Him together – and can be done daily or as often as one is led to do it.
- The Church is the fellowship of all Christians around the world. All men and women who have sincerely accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives are members of what is also called the Body of Christ and the Family of God. We believe in the Christians hope: the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternal life is promised to all of us. We have two possible destinations when our lives on Earth end: Heaven or Hell. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved (born-again), and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- Tithing is God’s command for His people to give to His work through God-ordained ministries. A tithe is 10 percent of one’s gross (before taxes) income. We believe the Bible supports paying one’s tithe to the storehouse where he or she is spiritually fed.
- Offerings are financial gifts above and beyond the tithe. They are commonly targeted toward a specific ministry project, such as an outreach or other event, ministering to the needy, or the purchase or construction of facilities. They can also be given as an indication of trusting God for a specific need in your personal life.